GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Tomato Plants Dying (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/edible-gardening/164318-re-tomato-plants-dying.html)

Glenna Rose 03-09-2007 07:34 AM

Tomato Plants Dying

writes:
Thanks for the straightforward answer. I tried my hardest not to get
it on the plant, i did do a direct foam onto each weed and i was about
an inch away from each weed when i sprayed, whereas my tomato plants
were about 2' tall. so maybe it was another problem, or maybe my
plants were really sensitive. either way, i've since pulled them and
i'll try again.

I am curious. If you are going to all that trouble to spray the weed, why
don't you just pull it/them? It makes so much more sense to me to do that
since you are taking the time anyway. Just for the record, it is a
serious question, not a criticism. When I see weeds out there, I just
start pulling them. They go great in the compost bin or into the chicken
yard I guess there is a sort of therapy in pulling them up; if the area
is freshly watered, it's so easy.

Glenna

Paul 04-09-2007 01:44 PM

Tomato Plants Dying

On Sep 3, 2:34 am, (Glenna Rose) wrote:
writes:
[...]

I have done that, but like all americans i guess i wanted to take the
lazy way out. didn't work out in my favor. from now on i'm pulling
them. as i said, i'm a newbie to this.

Only half of my 16 tomato plants died, and the other 8 are doing
relatively well.