GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Need illustrated instructions on how to grow certain vegetables (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/edible-gardening/164486-need-illustrated-instructions-how-grow-certain-vegetables.html)

Mozie 06-09-2007 08:43 AM

Need illustrated instructions on how to grow certain vegetables

Looking for illustrated instructions, to make into posters, on how to grow certain vegetables (beans, peas, tomatoes, onione, spinach, carrots, potatoes, chillis etc). This is for a very poor community of elderly people who are mostly illiterate, hence the need for these to be in picture form. We have plant donations and we have raised money to buy implements like shovels, watering cans, etc but we need to leave some sort of reference for the folks so that the vegetable garden is sustainable. We are going to the old age home in 2 weeks, so time is of the essence, as I will need to get the ‘posters’ printed before then. We don’t have the money in the budget to pay for actual posters, but I’m sure there must be something along these lines on the internet. Can anyone help or point me in the right direction? Thanks

Paul 06-09-2007 08:30 PM

Need illustrated instructions on how to grow certain vegetables

I would recommend going to the local library and looking at (no
offense) children's gardening books. They have lots of illustrations
that you could probably copy (i don't think anyone will be sending
Cease and Desist letters to your door for violating copyright for the
benefit of senior citizens).

--
Mozie

Mozie 07-09-2007 07:20 AM

[quote=Paul;745607]I would recommend going to the local library and looking at (no
offense) children's gardening books. They have lots of illustrations
that you could probably copy (i don't think anyone will be sending
Cease and Desist letters to your door for violating copyright for the
benefit of senior citizens).

Thanks, I've been looking on the net because libraries are few and far between around here, and I'm unable to leave the office during working hours. I'll keep looking... Thanks

Mozie 07-09-2007 07:24 AM

Oops, forgot the [/quote]