GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Shady veggies wanted (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/edible-gardening/165411-shady-veggies-wanted.html)

No Name 27-09-2007 07:56 AM

Shady veggies wanted

I have a spot where I would like to plant some veggies but the area gets only 3-4 hours of sun in the summer and I was wondering if anything worth while would grow there. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.
BTW I have roses growing there right now which I want to move to the front of the house which would open up the area hopefully for berries or vegetables.

Ann 27-09-2007 11:33 AM

Shady veggies wanted

expounded:

I have a spot where I would like to plant some veggies but the area gets only 3-4 hours of sun in the summer and I was wondering if anything worth while would grow there. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.
BTW I have roses growing there right now which I want to move to the front of the house which would open up the area hopefully for berries or vegetables.

Nothing much vegetable-wise weill do well with that little light. They
really need full sun, or at least six to eight hours of full sun,
including the noon hour.
--
Ann
e-mail address is not checked