GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   ants on eggplants (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/edible-gardening/165808-ants-eggplants.html)

Ruth[_2_] 13-10-2007 06:34 PM

ants on eggplants

Small black ants seem to be eating the growth tips on my eggplants.
Not really eating them, but more like peeling them back to get at the
sap. They like the Ichiban one better than the Black Beauty, but so do
I.

What can I do to control them?
Zone 10 Central Florida.

Ruth

Dave 14-10-2007 06:08 AM

ants on eggplants

"Ruth" wrote in message
ps.com...
Small black ants seem to be eating the growth tips on my eggplants.
Not really eating them, but more like peeling them back to get at the
sap. They like the Ichiban one better than the Black Beauty, but so do
I.

What can I do to control them?
Zone 10 Central Florida.

Ruth

Ants are purty simple. They eat, they drink, they scout, they multiply.
They are probably hungry. Give em' sumpin else to eat like mound bait.
Dave