GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Mondo/Monkey grass (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/edible-gardening/166324-mondo-monkey-grass.html)

Omelet[_2_] 30-10-2007 06:42 PM

Mondo/Monkey grass

Due to the shading of my now dirt paved front yard (that used to be lush
with St. Augustine), I'm attempting to plant a "lawn" made of Mondo
grass.

The first thing I have done is to fence it off from the border collie.

Any hints to increase the rate of spread? Have purchased some Medina
Hastagrow for a start and am planning to till in some good compost.

The soil is a mess right now and the front yard looks like hell...

Mondo plugs are bloody expensive. I'd like to save money and only plant,
say, 100 to 200 small plugs and I don't want to wait 2 years for it to
fill in if I can help it?

I am NOT cutting down trees! I like the shade. ;-)
--
Peace, Om

Remove both _ (underscores) to validate gmail e-mails.

"Human nature seems to be to control other people until they put their foot down." -- Steve Rothstein