GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   plum tree (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/edible-gardening/166629-plum-tree.html)

globalart4u 10-11-2007 10:04 PM

plum tree

our plum tree once again this year has had some kind of black stuff on it and lots of black flies. all the branches this year turned black is there anything that i can do for it? it is only 4 years old and i think it may have gone to my apple tree which is near it?

sherwindu 11-11-2007 07:38 AM

plum tree

--
globalart4u

I hope you don't have fireblight. If you do, cut it all out and dispose of
it.
There is basically no practical cure for it.

Sherwin

globalart4u 11-11-2007 05:19 PM

what is fireblight? do i need to also cut down the whole trunk or just the branches?