Old 27-11-2007, 07:30 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Default Where is the best place to live?

How about Walla Walla, Washington?

Four seasons
about 20" of rain per year
1000' above seal level
Winter lows about 27 deg. F
Summer highs about 91 deg. F
Cheap utilities (most of it generated by hydro and wind)
and the wine...

On Nov 23, 7:04 pm, "aluckyguess" wrote:
I would like a couple acres where I can have a nice garden most of the year,
not to cold and my wife wont feel like she's in the middle of nowhere. I
live in So-Cal now but its just to busy any more. Some place maybe the kids
will move to if they get married. Any thoughts?

Thanks

Old 28-11-2007, 07:46 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Omelet wrote:
In article ,
doofy wrote:

Omelet wrote:

In article ,
doofy wrote:

Omelet wrote:

Well, I live in the Austin/San Antonio area, but the bedroom communities
have better land prices. ;-)

Noted bedroom communities a

Four Poster, IL
Bunk, ME
Queens, NY
Cradle, NM
Twin, ID
Spare, LA
Master, PA

Smart ass. grins

And your point? ;-P

I'm always one to appreciate a good pun!
That was a compliment. ;-)

I know, I put a smiley face.

You forgot Beddington Maine...

I don't get out much.
Old 28-11-2007, 03:49 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

In article ,
doofy wrote:

Omelet wrote:
In article ,
doofy wrote:

Omelet wrote:

In article ,
doofy wrote:

Omelet wrote:

Well, I live in the Austin/San Antonio area, but the bedroom communities
have better land prices. ;-)

Noted bedroom communities a

Four Poster, IL
Bunk, ME
Queens, NY
Cradle, NM
Twin, ID
Spare, LA
Master, PA

Smart ass. grins

And your point? ;-P

I'm always one to appreciate a good pun!
That was a compliment. ;-)

I know, I put a smiley face.

You forgot Beddington Maine...

I don't get out much.

That is why you are so smart. Plenty of time to read. g
--
Peace, Om

Remove - (dash) to validate gmail.

"Human nature seems to be to control other people until they put their foot down." -- Steve Rothstein
Old 02-12-2007, 08:05 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

"Billy" wrote in message
In article , "Dioclese" NONE
wrote:

"aluckyguess" wrote in message

"Omelet" wrote in message
news In article , "aluckyguess"
wrote:

I would like a couple acres where I can have a nice garden most of
the
year,
not to cold and my wife wont feel like she's in the middle of
nowhere. I
live in So-Cal now but its just to busy any more. Some place maybe
the
kids
will move to if they get married. Any thoughts?

Thanks

Central Texas.\

Any city names?
--
Peace, Om

Remove - (dash) to validate gmail.

"Human nature seems to be to control other people until they put their
foot down." -- Steve Rothstein

If speaking west of IH35, would, in the past recommend Dripping Springs
or
Wimberley. All the new immigrants have managed to use up the springs,
now
water is pumped into Drippin'. Wimberley is about to explode due to too
much control by its local government of growth. Marble Falls is a
tourist
trap, and preys on potential settlers. Try Blanco.

Austin sets right on top of IH35. Its traffic is reminiscent of L.A. 2
decades ago except alot slower in movement.

Sounds absolutely resistible. What is the price of a home on a single
lot? What is the price of an undeveloped acre?
--

Billy

Bush & Cheney, Behind Bars

Most homes are sold on a single lot. Size (square footage) of the home, not
the lot, is more determinant in price.

Undeveloped land price depends on the amount of acreage involved, and,
exactly (not generally) where it is.

I provided a generality based on what I see, its up to the potential buyer
to do the shopping and legwork.
Dave

Old 02-12-2007, 07:09 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

In article , "Dioclese" NONE
wrote:

"Billy" wrote in message

wrote:

[...]

Sorry you wasted your time.

Like MicroSoft Support Network, everything you said is completely true
and totally useless.

Your generalities are true the world around.

Google told me what I wanted to know.
--

Billy

Bush & Cheney, Behind Bars