GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Strangers on my tree. (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/edible-gardening/172320-strangers-my-tree.html)

www.locoworks.com 29-03-2008 12:41 AM

Strangers on my tree.

We have a dwarf cherry tree that hosted some strange parasites last
year. They were small, black, flat, shiny, slow-moving worms that
looked just like the flatworms that sometimes threatened Muldur on the
X-Files. They ate lace patterns on the leaves. Rosebush dust put
them to rout last year.

Now the buds on the tree are opening and I am concerned about the
infestation returning. I have Googled around but have not been able
to isolate their identity or find a specific for their prevention.
Does anyone here have a clue? TIA.

GreenieLeBrun 31-03-2008 12:29 AM

Strangers on my tree.

www.locoworks.com wrote:
We have a dwarf cherry tree that hosted some strange parasites last
year. They were small, black, flat, shiny, slow-moving worms that
looked just like the flatworms that sometimes threatened Muldur on the
X-Files. They ate lace patterns on the leaves. Rosebush dust put
them to rout last year.

Now the buds on the tree are opening and I am concerned about the
infestation returning. I have Googled around but have not been able
to isolate their identity or find a specific for their prevention.
Does anyone here have a clue? TIA.

Cherry slugs, google for a description and treatment.