GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Any benefits of adding coffee grounds into veg garden soil? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/edible-gardening/17244-any-benefits-adding-coffee-grounds-into-veg-garden-soil.html)

Wayne Redick 22-04-2003 05:32 PM

Any benefits of adding coffee grounds into veg garden soil?

just curious.
Wayne

Setzler 22-04-2003 08:32 PM

Any benefits of adding coffee grounds into veg garden soil?

they are reasonably high in nitrogen, but somewhat acidic. so add it to a bed
than needs a little acid, or compost them

susan

Wayne Redick wrote:

just curious.
Wayne

NS9G 23-04-2003 11:32 AM

Any benefits of adding coffee grounds into veg garden soil?

"Wayne Redick" wrote in message
just curious.
Wayne

Worms. Earthworms love coffee grounds.

--
73 de Bob NS9G

Nicole H 27-04-2003 11:08 PM

Any benefits of adding coffee grounds into veg garden soil?

Actually, brewed coffee grounds are closer to neutral than acidic. I mix
them in w/my finished compost when I plant a new bed.
Nicole
"Setzler" wrote in message
they are reasonably high in nitrogen, but somewhat acidic. so add it to a

bed
than needs a little acid, or compost them

susan

Wayne Redick wrote:

just curious.
Wayne