GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Tomato - "Davington's Epicure" (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/edible-gardening/173047-tomato-davingtons-epicure.html)

Deskpilot 15-04-2008 10:15 PM

Tomato - "Davington's Epicure"

Many years ago I grew the above variety of tomato from seed purchased in the UK (Dobies Ltd), and for me it was the best flavoured fruit I have ever tasted - sweet, succulent and superb "texture".

Unfortunately, I failed to keep some seed and cannot now source it in the UK although I have seen it for sale on a couple of American sites dedicated to Heritage varieties.

I rather think importing from the USA is forbidden by argricultural regulations and I would be most grateful if anyone can suggest a possible supplier, please.

jeffsmate 23-02-2010 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deskpilot (Post 784691)
Many years ago I grew the above variety of tomato from seed purchased in the UK (Dobies Ltd), and for me it was the best flavoured fruit I have ever tasted - sweet, succulent and superb "texture".

Unfortunately, I failed to keep some seed and cannot now source it in the UK although I have seen it for sale on a couple of American sites dedicated to Heritage varieties.

I rather think importing from the USA is forbidden by argricultural regulations and I would be most grateful if anyone can suggest a possible supplier, please.

i too am searching for some info on these tomato seeds if you can help me i would be much obliged