GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   yellow onion tips (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/edible-gardening/173340-yellow-onion-tips.html)

Bill[_15_] 21-04-2008 04:33 PM

yellow onion tips

Hello, Im growing some onions this year and the plants are still
young. My problem is the tips of every plant are turning yellow and
progressing down the leaves, wich then die. Anyone have any idea what
this is caused by? Thanks, Bill in NC

www.locoworks.com 22-04-2008 04:25 AM

yellow onion tips

On Apr 21, 8:33�am, Bill wrote:
Hello, Im growing some onions this year and the plants are still
young. My problem is the tips of every plant are turning yellow and
progressing down the leaves, wich then die. Anyone have any idea what
this is caused by? Thanks, Bill in NC

I'm having the same problem here on the Northern CA coast. We have
had a few light frosts and that might be the problem. Have you had
frosts?

Lilah Morgan[_2_] 22-04-2008 07:08 AM

yellow onion tips

I have the same problem, but I have mine in the house til the weather warms
up enough to be planted outside(we have a green/growing room with huge
windows). I'm in Klamath county in southern Oregon just so everyone knows

Dave3 08-09-2008 04:35 PM

My onions are showing the same symptoms down here in Tasmania which I grew from seed. I'm afraid the old saying "He really knows his onions" doesn't apply to me but I am aware of a virus that effects onions in this way which could be a possibility. we also have had some hard frosts recently.

Dave3