GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   can anyone help me with wimberries? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/edible-gardening/173871-can-anyone-help-me-wimberries.html)

Hazel Harrison 05-05-2008 05:13 AM

can anyone help me with wimberries?

I am a Brit who moved to Oregon in the US (its beautiful). I would love to plant some wimberry (bilberry) bushes but cannot find them here. Would anyone be willing to mail me some ?

Omelet[_4_] 05-05-2008 07:22 AM

can anyone help me with wimberries?

In article ,
Hazel Harrison wrote:

I am a Brit who moved to Oregon in the US (its beautiful). I would love
to plant some wimberry (bilberry) bushes but cannot find them here.
Would anyone be willing to mail me some ?

Great source of anti-oxidants for the eyes from what I've read:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...eds+for+sale&b
tnG=Search

Peace! Om

"My mother never saw the irony in calling me a Son of a Bitch."
-- Jack Nicholson

Billy[_4_] 05-05-2008 03:50 PM

Hazel Harrison wrote:

I am a Brit who moved to Oregon in the US (its beautiful). I would love
to plant some wimberry (bilberry) bushes but cannot find them here.
Would anyone be willing to mail me some ?

If all else fails.

Seeds: Today's Sales Price: $3.95
http://www.horizonherbs.com/search.asp?mode=results

Plant: Price:$4.95
http://hartmannsplantcompany.com/miv...OD&Product_Cod
e=BB-R-7600-0400&Category_Code=&Store_Code=HPC
--

Billy

David Hare-Scott 07-05-2008 01:58 AM

"Hazel Harrison" wrote in message

I am a Brit who moved to Oregon in the US (its beautiful). I would love
to plant some wimberry (bilberry) bushes but cannot find them here.
Would anyone be willing to mail me some ?

What a lovely name. I also so like huckleberries and of course the inimitable
farkleberries. As soon as I finish the coop we are going to have
cackleberries.

David

Omelet[_4_] 07-05-2008 03:28 AM

"David Hare-Scott" wrote:

"Hazel Harrison" wrote in message

I am a Brit who moved to Oregon in the US (its beautiful). I would love
to plant some wimberry (bilberry) bushes but cannot find them here.
Would anyone be willing to mail me some ?

What a lovely name. I also so like huckleberries and of course the inimitable
farkleberries. As soon as I finish the coop we are going to have
cackleberries.

David

Cackleberries. :-) I've not heard that term for YEARS! lol