GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Problem with bitter swede (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/edible-gardening/174421-problem-bitter-swede.html)

Bugalugs1970 16-05-2008 01:07 PM

Problem with bitter swede

I have been attempting to grow swedes for the last 4 years and every year they turn out bitter, i mean really bitter. Anyone have the same problem or any ideas as to what the problem may be??

Omelet[_4_] 16-05-2008 04:23 PM

Problem with bitter swede

In article ,
Bugalugs1970 wrote:

I have been attempting to grow swedes for the last 4 years and everyyear they
turn out bitter, i mean really bitter. Anyone have the sameproblem or any
ideas as to what the problem may be??-- Bugalugs1970

I've never grown them, but I'd try more water, and check your soil pH.
--
Peace! Om

until they put their foot down." -- Stephan Rothstein