Old 24-04-2003, 02:56 PM
Norma Briggs

Default 8 inch tomato plant with blooms already

I can't believe that one of the plants, only in the ground 2 weeks already has blooms. Isn't that way too early for the plant? Should I pick them off and let it mature more or will it not harm the growth cycle? Its a 'better boy", I bought at Home Depot.

thanks

---
Old 24-04-2003, 03:08 PM
Arnold De Heristal

On Thu, 24 Apr 2003 13:36:52 GMT, "Norma Briggs"
wrote:

I can't believe that one of the plants, only in the ground 2 weeks already has blooms. Isn't that way too early for the plant? Should I pick them off and let it mature more or will it not harm the growth cycle? Its a 'better boy", I bought at Home Depot.

It depends on the climate. Where are you?
Old 24-04-2003, 03:56 PM
Norma Briggs

Just south of Houston, Texas...so its zone 9B I believe...warm 6 months of
the year...lol...unbearable heat the rest...

Old 24-04-2003, 06:32 PM
simy1

"Norma Briggs" wrote in message ...
I can't believe that one of the plants, only in the ground 2 weeks
already has blooms. Isn't that way too early for the plant? Should I
pick them off and let it mature more or will it not harm the growth
cycle? Its a 'better boy", I bought at Home Depot.

The plant is stressed. Whether it is heat, transplant shock, or
thirst, I don't know. You could consider taking those blooms off.