GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Pole Beans (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/edible-gardening/175514-pole-beans.html)

charles Davis 04-06-2008 12:03 AM

Pole Beans

Howdy Group
I am new to the group. I planted some pole beans and they are sprouting up
to about
two inches. How high should make my
poles?
Davis

FunkyM8 05-06-2008 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by charles Davis (Post 796358)
Howdy Group
I am new to the group. I planted some pole beans and they are sprouting up
to about
two inches. How high should make my
poles?
Davis

Hi Charles.

If "pole" beans are the same as "runner" beans, then I suggest a pole height of eight foot. Of course the pole can be any height you like. Just pinch out the growing point when the plant is reaches the top.
Cheers
Pete