Old 05-06-2008, 02:46 PM
Registered User

Default Crows v Grimm

Hmmm.

The crows are eating my first earlies... (potatoes)

I've managed to outsmart them with C.D.s on strings but no doubt the little hoores will figure it out sooner or later.

Any other ideas for bird scares?

(Bar buying a gun, getting a cat, making a fully blown scare-crow)

Ta.

Old 05-06-2008, 10:36 PM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by grimm View Post
Hmmm.

The crows are eating my first earlies... (potatoes)

I've managed to outsmart them with C.D.s on strings but no doubt the little hoores will figure it out sooner or later.

Any other ideas for bird scares?

(Bar buying a gun, getting a cat, making a fully blown scare-crow)

Ta.

Crows are intelligent.

However, we found that a potato hawk worked surprisingly well: A large potato with two long feathers, one on each side, hung from a tall pole so that it hovered above the threatened plants.
Old 06-06-2008, 11:52 AM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by beccabunga View Post
Crows are intelligent.
Unfortunately I agree.

Wow, good idea!

I'll definitely try that, I quite like irony... A potatoe with feathers protecting potatoes.

Thanks beccabunga!

Keep 'em coming if you have any other ideas.
"Life is what happens when we're planning to do something else."

How true.