GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Too late to plant potatoes in Minnesota? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/edible-gardening/175635-too-late-plant-potatoes-minnesota.html)

zxcvbob 07-06-2008 10:47 PM

Too late to plant potatoes in Minnesota?

I have some red potatoes in the pantry with long sprouts on them, and
unplanted space in the garden where the hail killed everything. (BTW,
some of the tomatoes and peppers survived.)

--
Thanks,
Bob

Jan Flora 08-06-2008 06:17 AM

Too late to plant potatoes in Minnesota?

In article ,
zxcvbob wrote:

I have some red potatoes in the pantry with long sprouts on them, and
unplanted space in the garden where the hail killed everything. (BTW,
some of the tomatoes and peppers survived.)

Plant them, they'll be fine. I'm just planting my seed spuds now, and we
have a shorter season than you do.

Jan in Alaska

gonzo 08-06-2008 03:28 PM

Too late to plant potatoes in Minnesota?

Any overabundance of green tomtatoes at the end of the season can be
turned into green tomato relish :) amongst other foods, I imagine!

[email protected] 08-06-2008 10:21 PM

Too late to plant potatoes in Minnesota?

On Sat, 07 Jun 2008 16:47:08 -0500, zxcvbob
wrote:

I have some red potatoes in the pantry with long sprouts on them, and
unplanted space in the garden where the hail killed everything. (BTW,
some of the tomatoes and peppers survived.)

Bob

You should be just fine with almost any red variety. Long season spuds
like Russet would be iffy.

Ross.

zxcvbob 08-06-2008 10:29 PM

wrote:

I have some red potatoes in the pantry with long sprouts on them, and
unplanted space in the garden where the hail killed everything. (BTW,
some of the tomatoes and peppers survived.)

Bob

You should be just fine with almost any red variety. Long season spuds
like Russet would be iffy.

Ross.

The rain stopped for a few minutes and I *just* got them in the ground. :-)

Bob