GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Creosote railroad ties (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/edible-gardening/175706-creosote-railroad-ties.html)

SteveB[_6_] 09-06-2008 06:11 PM

Creosote railroad ties

I am looking for some old railroad ties. They have creosote treating on
them, but it is weak due to the age of the ties. Is this a problem when
using them to form raised beds?

Steve

--
"...the man who really counts in the world is the doer, not the mere
critic-the man who actually does the work, even if roughly and imperfectly,

General Schvantzkopf 09-06-2008 07:06 PM

Creosote railroad ties

On Mon, 09 Jun 2008 09:11:50 -0800, SteveB wrote:

I am looking for some old railroad ties. They have creosote treating on
them, but it is weak due to the age of the ties. Is this a problem when
using them to form raised beds?

Steve

For flowers or vegetables?. I wouldn't use creosote treated ties for a
vegetable garden.