GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Transplanted pomegranates about a month or so ago now leaves areturning yellow... (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/edible-gardening/175958-transplanted-pomegranates-about-month-so-ago-now-leaves-areturning-yellow.html)

Zarlot 15-06-2008 11:39 PM

Transplanted pomegranates about a month or so ago now leaves areturning yellow...

Hello...

I live in the middle of South Carolina..

ANyway, transplanted pomegranate shrubs..they were abotu a foot tall
at the time... into the ground at my house. Used some compost mixed
with the normal soil there. Little bit of Miracle grow fertilizer put
a little bit into the soil...been watered probably once a day or so.

Now, I haev found that pruning the shrubs helps ... I pruned one down
very far recently and it grew back a lot of great leaves but then some
leaves were yellow. I just now pruned it again.

Is more pruning the answer? I have also gotten rid of the other
yellow leaevs on the other plants by pruning mostly.

What could be the cause though of this yellowing?

Tom J 16-06-2008 03:52 AM

Zarlot wrote:
Hello...

I live in the middle of South Carolina..

ANyway, transplanted pomegranate shrubs..they were abotu a foot tall
at the time... into the ground at my house. Used some compost mixed
with the normal soil there. Little bit of Miracle grow fertilizer
put
a little bit into the soil...been watered probably once a day or so.

That is not a normal watering cycle. An inch of water no more than 2
times a week would be better. Pomegranates are tough and don't need a
lot of TLC!!

Tom J