GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Edible? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/edible-gardening/175973-edible.html)

Hose Boy 16-06-2008 09:24 PM

Edible?

I found these things growing in my garden. Are they edible?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/wear/content/im...les470x353.jpg

SexyGardener 16-06-2008 09:26 PM

Of course, you can eat anything in your garden. Why, I ate a pair of doves that landed on my lawn yesterday.

Also, while we're on the topic of lawns, anyone who waters their lawn is a douchebag.

Freedom_Spark 17-06-2008 06:51 PM

Quote:

I found these things growing in my garden. Are they edible?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/wear/content/im...les470x353.jpg
They're stinging nettles & I wouldn't try eating them raw if I were you! If you want to eat them gather some with thick gloves & try this or a similar nettle soup recipe

http://www.frugal.org.uk/nettle.html

Bon appetit!

Billy[_4_] 17-06-2008 08:42 PM

Edible?

http://tinyurl.com/44prgw

They're stinging nettles & I wouldn't try eating them raw if I were
you! If you want to eat them gather some with thick gloves & try this
or a similar nettle soup recipe

http://www.frugal.org.uk/nettle.html

Bon appetit!

It is an extremely nutritious plant.
http://www.pfaf.org/database/plants.php?Urtica+dioica
--

Billy
Bush and Pelosi Behind Bars

R M. Watkin 18-06-2008 07:14 PM

Edible?

Hi All.

"Billy" wrote in message
In article ,
Freedom_Spark wrote:

I found these things growing in my garden. Are they edible?

http://tinyurl.com/44prgw

They're stinging nettles & I wouldn't try eating them raw if I were
you! If you want to eat them gather some with thick gloves & try this
or a similar nettle soup recipe

http://www.frugal.org.uk/nettle.html

Bon appetit!

It is an extremely nutritious plant.