Old 17-06-2008, 12:12 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Default Help us save usenet news for Time-Warner customers

Time-Warner corporate is dropping usenet news as of June 23, 2008.

Please help by asking them to keep it. The person to call works for the TW president:

Barbara Burroughs
phone 203-351-2281

email:

** Posted from
http://www.teranews.com **
Old 19-06-2008, 01:46 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Usenet user wrote:
Time-Warner corporate is dropping usenet news as of June 23, 2008.

Please help by asking them to keep it. The person to call works for
the TW president:

Barbara Burroughs
phone 203-351-2281

YOU ARE SPAMMING!!

All providers are going the same way, so forget it!!

On the other hand, 1 service just cut prices:
http://www.news.astraweb.com/
110 GB $25 with no expiration

Tom J

Old 19-06-2008, 03:43 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

In article ,
says...
Usenet user wrote:
Time-Warner corporate is dropping usenet news as of June 23, 2008.

Please help by asking them to keep it. The person to call works for
the TW president:

Barbara Burroughs
phone 203-351-2281

YOU ARE SPAMMING!!

All providers are going the same way, so forget it!!

Uh, No they are not. Fewer if the USENET users get organized.

And something worth having is something worth fighting for. The only way
to drum up support is to drum up support and serious campaigns start
this way.---This is one of the legitimate uses of USENET.

Further, while you are entitled to your opinion, I think campaigning
against the decision is a cracking good thing to do and Time-Warner
deserves every bit of pain they receive. It may produce nothing but then
again if they recant, USENET wins and the political ******s will be set
back a bit.

As for my own ISP, there was some talk of getting rid of USENET some
years ago. They changed their minds. Admittedly it wasn't such a big
deal for them because they've always aliased to one USENET server or
another, but I'd like to think my email/phone call and offer to spend my
money elsewhere and that of others helped them see that it is of value
and a worthy service.

Old 19-06-2008, 06:55 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

"Tom J" wrote in message
news
Usenet user wrote:
Time-Warner corporate is dropping usenet news as of June 23, 2008.

Please help by asking them to keep it. The person to call works for
the TW president:

Barbara Burroughs
phone 203-351-2281

YOU ARE SPAMMING!!

All providers are going the same way, so forget it!!

On the other hand, 1 service just cut prices:
http://www.news.astraweb.com/
110 GB $25 with no expiration

Tom J

You lost me. What is your definition of spam?
--
Dave

Old 19-06-2008, 07:50 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

In article ,
phorbin wrote:

In article ,
says...
Usenet user wrote:
[...]

So, if Time Warner decides to drop Usenet, we should boycott any of
there services and deprive them of advertising revenue? Sounds good to
me.
--

Billy
Bush and Pelosi Behind Bars

Old 19-06-2008, 09:25 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Dioclese wrote:
"Tom J" wrote in message
news
Usenet user wrote:
Time-Warner corporate is dropping usenet news as of June 23, 2008.

Please help by asking them to keep it. The person to call works
for
the TW president:

Barbara Burroughs
phone 203-351-2281

YOU ARE SPAMMING!!

All providers are going the same way, so forget it!!

On the other hand, 1 service just cut prices:
http://www.news.astraweb.com/
110 GB $25 with no expiration

Tom J

You lost me. What is your definition of spam?

This same post had aready appeared on 9 other groups I visit before I
saw it here. Do a check. It was posted to hundreds of groups - that's
spamming.

Tom J

Old 20-06-2008, 12:27 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

"Tom J" wrote in message
m...
Dioclese wrote:
"Tom J" wrote in message
news
Usenet user wrote:
Time-Warner corporate is dropping usenet news as of June 23, 2008.

Please help by asking them to keep it. The person to call works for
the TW president:

Barbara Burroughs
phone 203-351-2281

YOU ARE SPAMMING!!

All providers are going the same way, so forget it!!

On the other hand, 1 service just cut prices:
http://www.news.astraweb.com/
110 GB $25 with no expiration

Tom J

You lost me. What is your definition of spam?

This same post had aready appeared on 9 other groups I visit before I saw
it here. Do a check. It was posted to hundreds of groups - that's
spamming.

Tom J

Isn't spamming where someone is selling something rather than to gather
support for a cause?

Steve

Old 20-06-2008, 12:29 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

"Steve Peek" wrote in message
m...
Hopefully it is on every group you idiot. If we don't act, it's the end of
groups as we know them.
Steve
"Tom J" wrote in message
m...
Dioclese wrote:
"Tom J" wrote in message
news Usenet user wrote:
Time-Warner corporate is dropping usenet news as of June 23, 2008.

Please help by asking them to keep it. The person to call works for
the TW president:

Barbara Burroughs
phone 203-351-2281

YOU ARE SPAMMING!!

All providers are going the same way, so forget it!!

On the other hand, 1 service just cut prices:
http://www.news.astraweb.com/
110 GB $25 with no expiration

Tom J

You lost me. What is your definition of spam?

This same post had aready appeared on 9 other groups I visit before I saw
it here. Do a check. It was posted to hundreds of groups - that's
spamming.

Tom J

Now, now, now. What's more important here? Keeping newsgroups the way they
are, or satisfying some pseudo-intellect's definition of spam?

Steve

Old 20-06-2008, 01:20 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

In article , toquerville@zionvistas
says...

Isn't spamming where someone is selling something rather than to gather
support for a cause?

IIRC, the term for this used to be carpet bombing.

Old 03-08-2008, 11:18 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

On Thu, 19 Jun 2008 15:29:05 -0800, SteveB wrote:

Now, now, now. What's more important here? Keeping newsgroups the way
they are, or satisfying some pseudo-intellect's definition of spam?

Steve

"Keeping newsgroups the way we they are," means protecting spammers and
flamewars.