Old 26-06-2008, 07:48 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Default it's asparagus not asparagrass, a query about the 'slang' andwhatever else it can be determined.

define it... no matter how you slice it, it's asparagus.

and i can't find the origins of where asparagrass came from? is it
bad english, accent misrepresentations?

old world speak?

apparently people have faught over it's correct pronounciations...

so? any historical efforts and experience here on the situation?

just curious.

(yes i've looked things up and no real explaination other than it's
about stupidity but.... that doesn't explain that.)

yes, wikipedia was also checked out.

i grew up on the farm.. and it was asparagus... though we had other
backwords speaksay... but never about that stalk of delicious
green...

so in this forum through the archives i've seen much asparagrass
speak.... where'd it come from on your situation?

no, i'm not making fun.. because i understand how words can be
presented differently... sometimes even spoke 'correctly' but with
accents involved others can soon manipulate the word into a formation
that is deemed 'incorrect'.

growing up with german accents and the language (no, i never mastered
the language amazingly enough) many words suffered through the
mistaken identities, spelling adjustments and people correcting us.

IE: stolen to us we thought we spoke it correctly.. as "stolen"
but no.. our accents folks thought we said stol-den. and we
suffered mostly for it through insultery and 'they're just ignorant
backwoods folks".

so....

back to asparagrass.

knew a man who suffered most because he never heard it said that way
before... nor have i, until i met her.

she threatened death upon us.. because it wasn't asparagus.. my god it
was asparagrass or else!

?

enlightenments?

why is it asparagrass?

thanks for your imputs.. experiences and any logical information that
i can find on the net and footnotes!

yrs,

Old 26-06-2008, 09:49 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

In article
,
e-vamp wrote:

define it... no matter how you slice it, it's asparagus.

and i can't find the origins of where asparagrass came from? is it
bad english, accent misrepresentations?

old world speak?

apparently people have faught over it's correct pronounciations...

so? any historical efforts and experience here on the situation?

just curious.

(yes i've looked things up and no real explaination other than it's
about stupidity but.... that doesn't explain that.)

yes, wikipedia was also checked out.

Not very well apparently.

--

Billy
Bush and Pelosi Behind Bars
Old 28-06-2008, 02:57 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

e-vamp wrote:
[...]

Well heck, it's obviously "A Spear Grass"!!
I know a lady who calls it Asper-Grass.
Whatever. Asparagus by any other name would still make your pee smell funny.
Old 28-06-2008, 12:18 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

"none" ""Mark\"@(none)" wrote in message
t...

Well heck, it's obviously "A Spear Grass"!!
I know a lady who calls it Asper-Grass.
Whatever. Asparagus by any other name would still make your pee smell funny.

not all

Old 30-06-2008, 06:28 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

On Jun 27, 8:57*pm, none ""Mark\"@(none)" wrote:
e-vamp wrote:
[...]

Whatever. Asparagus by any other name would still make your pee smell funny.- Hide quoted text -

even raw it does that.

since this query i've heard...

sperrygrass, spergrus, and one kid said: asparaGROSS.

eh!