GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Blackcurrant harvesting (and Jam!) (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/edible-gardening/176384-blackcurrant-harvesting-jam.html)

evalooda 28-06-2008 02:45 PM

Blackcurrant harvesting (and Jam!)

I'm new to edible gardening and I've been very impressed with how things have thrived on my humble balcony garden!

The blackcurrant bush I bought in the spring is doing brilliantly considering it's quite young and has produced some large blackcurrants which are starting to turn black- I've heard they should be harvested about a week after they turn black, is this correct?

Also, does anyone know where I can buy blackcurrants to top up my harvest enough to make jam?!!

Thanks