Old 28-06-2008, 02:45 PM

Default Blackcurrant harvesting (and Jam!)

I'm new to edible gardening and I've been very impressed with how things have thrived on my humble balcony garden!

The blackcurrant bush I bought in the spring is doing brilliantly considering it's quite young and has produced some large blackcurrants which are starting to turn black- I've heard they should be harvested about a week after they turn black, is this correct?

Also, does anyone know where I can buy blackcurrants to top up my harvest enough to make jam?!!

Thanks

can anyone identify this small fruit and tell me if it hasany uses, eg jelly or jam andrew fox Garden Photos 4 19-10-2013 01:31 AM
Marrow, Ginger and Lemon Jam Recipe David in Normandy[_8_] United Kingdom 1 17-09-2010 04:18 PM
Jam melons F Murtz Australia 6 19-05-2008 06:05 AM
Rose hip jam Pam Moore United Kingdom 12 04-11-2006 08:58 PM
Hampton Court saturday ..traffic jam cause? Tumbleweed United Kingdom 15 11-07-2005 06:26 PM