GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   need a trimmer on a pole (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/edible-gardening/176788-re-need-trimmer-pole.html)

Glenna Rose 12-07-2008 01:15 AM

need a trimmer on a pole

writes:
I know this is off topic but can't find a landscape NG.

Maybe you can direct me.

I have a tall arborvitae hedge (12 feet tall) that I trim using a ladder.
I'd like to buy a trimmer on a pole and use that instead.
I wonder if a prunner would work. What I see on the internet looks like a
small chain saw at the end of a pole.
I'd rather get one like that rather than a trimmer that shears because
sometime a thick branch bends out of place a needs cutting.

But I wonder if a chain saw with small teeth can cut the soft growth or
will
it just mash it?

Any advice?

If you have limited use for it, you might consider renting one.