GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Picture of farml s enviro friendly car (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/edible-gardening/177017-picture-farml-s-enviro-friendly-car.html)

George.com 19-07-2008 05:46 AM

Picture of farml s enviro friendly car

nice one farml
rob

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/201/4...af8be912_o.jpg

-- Posted on news://freenews.netfront.net - Complaints to --

Steve[_2_] 20-07-2008 04:42 AM

George.com wrote:
nice one farml
rob

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/201/4...af8be912_o.jpg

I recently had an idea for a car. You place a big fan blade mounted on
top of the car. It's as wide as the car and is tucked away flat to the
roof when accelerating. When you press the brake pedal lightly, it
raises the fan to slow you down. Of course, the fan blades run a
generator that stores energy in a battery. The battery then supplies
power for part of the car's needs.
Of course, if you press the brake pedal harder, it activates the real
brakes and wastes the energy, but saves you from a crash.
No, I don't think it will work, but it might recapture a lot of energy
for those living in hill country. Seriously, there would be a better way
to do the same without the fan. When you down shift to let the motor
slow you down, have a generator slow you down instead. It's just that
the above picture reminded me of the idea that blew through my mind the
other day.

Steve