GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Unknown (to me) Herbs (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/edible-gardening/177088-unknown-me-herbs.html)

Billy[_5_] 21-07-2008 06:03 PM

Unknown (to me) Herbs

Would those of you who know something of medicinal herbs please cast an
eye on http://tinypic.com/1r509n5u and help me identify some herbs that
lost their labels?
--

Billy
Bush and Pelosi Behind Bars

Billy[_4_] 22-07-2008 08:43 PM

Unknown (to me) Herbs

In article
,
Billy wrote:

Would those of you who know something of medicinal herbs please cast an
eye on http://tinypic.com/1r509n5u and help me identify some herbs that
lost their labels?

I added two more pics. Not sure if they are wild flowers or feral herbs.

Thanks in advance

Bill[_13_] 22-07-2008 10:54 PM

Unknown (to me) Herbs

In article ,
Billy wrote:

http://tinypic.com/1r509n5u

What do you do to post a image just go to tinypc.com drag in a image
and willa bing willa bong?

New to me.

Bill who is finding more stuff is new each day.

--
Garden in shade zone 5 S Jersey USA

Bill[_13_] 22-07-2008 11:26 PM

Unknown (to me) Herbs

In article
,
Bill wrote:

In article ,
Billy wrote:

http://tinypic.com/1r509n5u

What do you do to post a image just go to tinypc.com drag in a image
and willa bing willa bong?

New to me.

Bill who is finding more stuff is new each day.

Hacked it :))

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=dnmvzt&s=4

Bill

--
Garden in shade zone 5 S Jersey USA

Henriette Kress 23-07-2008 02:41 PM

Unknown (to me) Herbs

Billy wrote:

Would those of you who know something of medicinal herbs please cast an
eye on http://tinypic.com/1r509n5u and help me identify some herbs that
lost their labels?

1) red valerian, Centranthus ruber.
2) borage
3) goldenrod
4) wait for the flower ...
5) dunno, extremely bad pic
6) wait for the flower.

Henriette

--
Henriette Kress, AHG Helsinki, Finland
Henriette's herbal homepage: http://www.henriettesherbal.com

Billy[_5_] 23-07-2008 04:41 PM

Unknown (to me) Herbs

In article ,
Henriette Kress wrote:

Billy wrote:

Would those of you who know something of medicinal herbs please cast an
eye on http://tinypic.com/1r509n5u and help me identify some herbs that
lost their labels?

1) red valerian, Centranthus ruber.

That is what I've called it but never had it confirmined. Thanks
2) borage

It is 50 feet (40 meters) from my other herbs and a volunteer. Much
better than the poor example of borage that I have in a pot.
3) goldenrod
4) wait for the flower ...
5) dunno, extremely bad pic

I've just entered the digital age, so I suspect my photos will get
better :o) I have another mint as well, which has white flowers coming
from under brackets as opposed to this one with purplish flowers on
short stems and some purplish leaves. Neither has much of an oder.
6) wait for the flower.

Henriette

Thank you.
--