GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   pumpkins (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/edible-gardening/177127-pumpkins.html)

foxglove77 23-07-2008 12:41 AM

pumpkins

I am growing pumpins for the first time this year in the ground. I had two baby pumpkins growing. When I went to proudly show my friend the pumpkins they had been eaten by slugs! and its happening again and again. What is the best way to prevent this? I am not keen on the egg shell way since we do not eat enough eggs and dry bran just gets wet with the first down pour. Any advice?