GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   should i limit my cucumber growth? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/edible-gardening/177306-should-i-limit-my-cucumber-growth.html)

jeffcapeshop 27-07-2008 05:12 PM

should i limit my cucumber growth?

Hi,

I've got a couple of cucumbers growing in 25x20x30cm deep pots on my windowsill (in edinburgh, scotland)

they look very healthy, have just begun flowering and are approx 1m tall, 8 leaf-branches with flowers.

They look like they are still pretty keen on going upwards, but i'm concerned as to whether the size of the pots will be detrimental to their fruit production - will they cope? should i prune them somehow? or will they find their own limits?

up until now i've been feeding them once a week with seaweed extract and haven't pruned them at all.

thanks!

david