Old 11-08-2008, 11:01 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening,rec.gardens,rec.gardens.edible
Val Val is offline

Default Garden Incinerator

"Marie Dodge" wrote in message

I'm sure they add to the alkalinity but so far we haven't had any problems
with PH. We also use sulphur and Ironite in the spring before planting.
And a 10-10-10 for veggies plus whatever organic matter accumulated over
the winter. That gives all the plants rich green leaves and the tomatoes
and peppers set fruit like crazy.

Is this the same garden with the withered and diseased squash and peppers
you've been whining about? The same garden you have haphazardly dumped all
that toxic shit to get rid of rampant insect infestation? You are sorely
lacking in credibility.

Val

Old 12-08-2008, 10:39 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening,rec.gardens,rec.gardens.edible

"Val" wrote in message

"Marie Dodge" wrote in message

I'm sure they add to the alkalinity but so far we haven't had any
problems with PH. We also use sulphur and Ironite in the spring before
planting. And a 10-10-10 for veggies plus whatever organic matter
accumulated over the winter. That gives all the plants rich green leaves
and the tomatoes and peppers set fruit like crazy.

Is this the same garden with the withered and diseased squash and peppers
you've been whining about?

Please explain how an abnormal insect pest infestation is related to adding
compost and fertilizer to a garden? Yes, these gardens have been extremely
productive for close to 20 years. Only one is suffering the whitefly and
mite infestation. That really eats your lunch for some reason. And why do
you whine constantly about what people add to their gardens?

The same garden you have haphazardly dumped all
that toxic shit to get rid of rampant insect infestation?

Which toxic shit was dumped in these gardens? Compost? Ashes? Those are
the only things "dumped" there. Was I supposed to spray them with sugar and
water to try and stop the invasion?

You are sorely
lacking in credibility.

And you're nothing but an ignorant, arrogant self centered troll who thinks
insect pests can be gotten rid of by scattering some compost under the
plants.

Val

Old 12-08-2008, 11:08 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening,rec.gardens,rec.gardens.edible

On Aug 11, 4:53*am, "Marie Dodge" wrote:
"dyogi" wrote in message

I've heard master gardeners discourage the use of ashes in composting
and gardening. *At the same time, I ran a wood furnace for years, and
added all the ashes to my compost pile. *When the proportion of ash to
grass clippings and leaves is very low, you shouldn't have a problem.
If ash comes up as a noticeable percentage of the composted material,
consider using it on icy sidewalks rather than in your compost.

Or spread them over your lawn in a thin layer. *Ash is minerals and too
valuable to send to the dump. We don't have tons of ash, just from our
fireplace and outdoor fire-bin when we burn anything that may be diseased..

We have a woodburner, all the ash goes on the garden. We have done
this for years and I don't see a problem.

Judith
Old 12-08-2008, 11:10 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening,rec.gardens,rec.gardens.edible

On Aug 12, 10:39*pm, "Marie Dodge" wrote:
"Val" wrote in message

[...]

Val- Hide quoted text -

Marie, ignore it. Now did I tell you how I got rid of my
blackfly? :-)

Judith
Old 17-08-2008, 03:26 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening,rec.gardens,rec.gardens.edible

"Judith in France" wrote in message

Marie, ignore it. Now did I tell you how I got rid of my

blackfly? :-)

No you didn't. What worked for you? :-))

Judith

Old 18-08-2008, 11:18 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening,rec.gardens,rec.gardens.edible

On Aug 17, 3:26*am, "Marie Dodge" wrote:
"Judith in France" wrote in ...

Marie, ignore it. *Now did I tell you how I got rid of my

blackfly? *:-)

No you didn't. What worked for you? *:-))

Judith

Soap and water, a squirt of washing up liquid in a spray. I used to
use a lot of chemicals but I am now trying, hard, to cut down.
However, if all else fails no doubt I will resort to them.

Judith