GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Drying leafy veges (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/edible-gardening/177609-drying-leafy-veges.html)

James 06-08-2008 03:24 PM

Drying leafy veges

You can buy dried veges at the Asian market. I thought I'd try drying
some bak choy and cabbage. Left them in the sun for a few days.
Haven't try to use them in soup yet.

Anyone use drying to preserve leafy veges?

Gary Woods 06-08-2008 03:38 PM

Drying leafy veges

James wrote:

Anyone use drying to preserve leafy veges?

I haven't, but I'm guessing you'd better color drying on screens under
cover, so there's good air circulation but not direct sunlight.

/me/ in the middle of the garlic harvest, which involves washing
immediately after pulling/digging*, then drying on racks and bundling to
cure for another few weeks.

*My soil is 50% rock, 50% clay, and 50% epoxy...

Gary Woods 06-08-2008 04:07 PM

Drying leafy veges

Gary Woods wrote:

I haven't, but I'm guessing you'd better color drying on screens under

^^^
get

Fingers ahead of brain. Again.