GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Why are my cucumbers white? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/edible-gardening/177644-why-my-cucumbers-white.html)

Sam 07-08-2008 09:52 PM

Why are my cucumbers white?

They taste fine. Early in the season they were bitter...very bitter,
but now they taste fine. Now they are almost white, w/ some streaky
light green. What causes them to be this color. I didn't buy a white
cucumber, I got them from lowe's, and they were supposed to be a
regular green cuke! It's not bothering me, as I said they taste fine,
kinda bland actually. I'm just curious. I live in TN. We've been
getting a decent amount of rain this year. But it has been hot.

phorbin 08-08-2008 01:51 AM

Why are my cucumbers white?

In article 390b4a86-e93a-4813-9784-07116b383e42
@z6g2000pre.googlegroups.com, says...
They taste fine. Early in the season they were bitter...very bitter,
but now they taste fine. Now they are almost white, w/ some streaky
light green. What causes them to be this color. I didn't buy a white
cucumber, I got them from lowe's, and they were supposed to be a
regular green cuke! It's not bothering me, as I said they taste fine,
kinda bland actually. I'm just curious. I live in TN. We've been
getting a decent amount of rain this year. But it has been hot.

Shade?

Seed packaging error?

David Hare-Scott 08-08-2008 08:09 AM

Why are my cucumbers white?

"Sam" wrote in message
They taste fine. Early in the season they were bitter...very bitter,
but now they taste fine. Now they are almost white, w/ some streaky
light green. What causes them to be this color. I didn't buy a white
cucumber, I got them from lowe's, and they were supposed to be a
regular green cuke! It's not bothering me, as I said they taste fine,
kinda bland actually. I'm just curious. I live in TN. We've been
getting a decent amount of rain this year. But it has been hot.

1) They are actually white cucumbers.

2) They are green cucumbers that are sun bleached.

David