Old 22-08-2008, 11:56 PM
Registered User

Unhappy tomato trouble, need help!

I have a problem with my tomatoes.The fruits keep falling off the plants and the toms go a little soft on top, they look a bit greyish on top of the tomatoes too. I have posted this problem on another site but got no answers.

Can anyone help?

Poppy44
Old 23-08-2008, 01:16 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Default tomato trouble, need help!

"poppy44" wrote in message
news

I have a problem with my tomatoes.The fruits keep falling off the plants
and the toms go a little soft on top, they look a bit greyish on top of
the tomatoes too. I have posted this problem on another site but got no
answers.

Fungus? Molds? Mildews? Do you see fine webbing? Can you post a pic
somewhere so we can SEE what you're talking about?

Can anyone help?

Poppy44

--
poppy44

Old 23-08-2008, 02:41 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

In article ,
"Marie Dodge" wrote:

"poppy44" wrote in message
news

I have a problem with my tomatoes.The fruits keep falling off the plants
and the toms go a little soft on top, they look a bit greyish on top of
the tomatoes too. I have posted this problem on another site but got no
answers.

Fungus? Molds? Mildews? Do you see fine webbing? Can you post a pic
somewhere so we can SEE what you're talking about?

Can anyone help?

Poppy44

--
poppy44

Just off hand, sounds like blossom end rot.
We just had something similar posted to a.b.f.
--
Peace! Om

- Edmund Burke (1729 - 1797)
Old 23-08-2008, 07:24 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

"poppy44" wrote in message
news

I have a problem with my tomatoes.The fruits keep falling off the plants
and the toms go a little soft on top, they look a bit greyish on top of
the tomatoes too. I have posted this problem on another site but got no
answers.

Can anyone help?

Poppy44

Any of these?
http://aggie-horticulture.tamu.edu/t...ver/index.html

Old 23-08-2008, 07:32 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

"Omelet" wrote in message
news
In article ,
"Marie Dodge" wrote:

"poppy44" wrote in message
news

The fruits keep falling off the plants and the toms go a little soft on

top, they they look a bit greyish on top of the tomatoes too.

Just off hand, sounds like blossom end rot.

OM, usually Blossom End Rot shows up on the blossom end

Old 23-08-2008, 03:34 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

On Fri, 22 Aug 2008 23:24:42 -0700, "gunner"
wrote:

Any of these?
http://aggie-horticulture.tamu.edu/t...ver/index.html

Oh, good site!

Penelope

- "pointed"
Old 23-08-2008, 08:06 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

On Aug 23, 1:24*am, "gunner" wrote:
"poppy44" wrote in message

news

I have a problem with my tomatoes.The fruits keep falling off the plants
and the toms go a little soft on top, they look a bit greyish on top of
the tomatoes too. I have posted this problem on another site but got no
answers.

Can anyone help?

Poppy44

*Any of these?http://aggie-horticulture.tamu.edu/t...ver/index.html

Great cite.
Wish I could find that sort of thing for the rest of my garden.
Old 23-08-2008, 09:08 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

In article ss,
"gunner" wrote:

"Omelet" wrote in message
news
In article ,
"Marie Dodge" wrote:

"poppy44" wrote in message
news

The fruits keep falling off the plants and the toms go a little soft on

top, they they look a bit greyish on top of the tomatoes too.

Just off hand, sounds like blossom end rot.

OM, usually Blossom End Rot shows up on the blossom end

Nobodies perfect. g
--
Peace! Om

- Edmund Burke (1729 - 1797)