GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   How to grow chia? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/edible-gardening/178088-how-grow-chia.html)

JJ[_2_] 24-08-2008 12:59 AM

How to grow chia?

I know these seeds will grow in Mexico and south
America but will they grow
in north America?

Does anyone know the right growing conditions?

TIA

Omelet[_4_] 25-08-2008 05:03 AM

How to grow chia?

In article ,
JJ wrote:

I know these seeds will grow in Mexico and south
America but will they grow
in north America?

Does anyone know the right growing conditions?

TIA

They grow wild in some areas of North America too.
--
Peace! Om

- Edmund Burke (1729 - 1797)

Henriette Kress 25-08-2008 03:30 PM

How to grow chia?

JJ wrote:

I know these seeds will grow in Mexico and south
America but will they grow
in north America?

Does anyone know the right growing conditions?

Lots of sand and heat - think Anza Borrego state park, in southern
California.

Henriette

--
Henriette Kress, AHG Helsinki, Finland
Henriette's herbal homepage: http://www.henriettesherbal.com

RF[_2_] 05-10-2008 08:27 PM

How to grow chia?

Henriette Kress wrote:
JJ wrote:

I know these seeds will grow in Mexico and south
America but will they grow
in north America?

Does anyone know the right growing conditions?

Lots of sand and heat - think Anza Borrego state park, in southern
California.

Henriette

Thanks Henriette.

I've discovered that it will grow in northern
California too. It
doesn't need a lot of heat but I bet the
conditions of light and water
are also big factors.