Old 26-08-2008, 11:39 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Default how to peel wheat and spelt grains?

hi;

I have a backyard garden where I have been growing a stand of wheat
and spelt this year. I'm trying to find out how one should go about
peeling the husk off of the grain. Is there a particular machine that
one can buy, or perhaps some kind of farmer's service that might be
available for individuals like me? I'm located in Vancouver, Canada
should anyone happen to have any specific advice for this area.

Thanks
Old 27-08-2008, 03:39 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

In article
,
Nazanin wrote:

hi;

I have a backyard garden where I have been growing a stand of wheat
and spelt this year. I'm trying to find out how one should go about
peeling the husk off of the grain. Is there a particular machine that
one can buy, or perhaps some kind of farmer's service that might be
available for individuals like me? I'm located in Vancouver, Canada
should anyone happen to have any specific advice for this area.

Thanks

Google for "Threshing".
--
Peace! Om

- Edmund Burke (1729 - 1797)
Old 29-08-2008, 08:49 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

On Aug 26, 6:39 pm, Omelet wrote:
In article
,

Nazanin wrote:
hi;

I have a backyard garden where I have been growing a stand of wheat
and spelt this year. I'm trying to find out how one should go about
peeling the husk off of the grain. Is there a particular machine that
one can buy, or perhaps some kind of farmer's service that might be
available for individuals like me? I'm located in Vancouver, Canada
should anyone happen to have any specific advice for this area.

Thanks

Google for "Threshing".
--
Peace! Om

- Edmund Burke (1729 - 1797)

Thank you so much Omelet, your hint is so helpful.
Old 29-08-2008, 09:08 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

In article
,
Nazanin wrote:

On Aug 26, 6:39 pm, Omelet wrote:
In article
,

Nazanin wrote:
hi;

I have a backyard garden where I have been growing a stand of wheat
and spelt this year. I'm trying to find out how one should go about
peeling the husk off of the grain. Is there a particular machine that
one can buy, or perhaps some kind of farmer's service that might be
available for individuals like me? I'm located in Vancouver, Canada
should anyone happen to have any specific advice for this area.

Thanks

Google for "Threshing".

Thank you so much Omelet, your hint is so helpful.

I'm surprised nobody else chimed in...
I'm just glad I knew the term.

I really do hope it helped.

Cheers!
--
Peace! Om

"Crime does not pay as well as Politics".
-- Anon.