Old 27-08-2008, 06:39 PM
Registered User

Default Sick Satsuma Tree?

Hi everyone,

First post so a big cheer from me to you guys

I have what I think is a Satsuma tree (fruited about 3 yrs ago but nothing since), and brownish blobs have appeared on the leafs. Admittedly, I noticed them last yr but they were few and far between. This time however, there are much more particular towards the base of the tree.

Here is a picture which better helps

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s...CK-LEAF-02.jpg

Any ideas what this is?
Old 28-08-2008, 12:27 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

On Wed, 27 Aug 2008 18:39:20 +0100, stag
wrote:

Hi everyone,

First post so a big cheer from me to you guys

I have what I think is a Satsuma tree (fruited about 3 yrs ago but
nothing since), and brownish blobs have appeared on the leafs.
Admittedly, I noticed them last yr but they were few and far between.
This time however, there are much more particular towards the base of
the tree.

Here is a picture which better helps

http://tinyurl.com/6r48hg

Any ideas what this is?

Hard to tell from the photo, but it might be cedar-apple rust, a
fungal infection. Try searching online and looking at the photos and
descriptions available based on that term.

Do you have cedars or junipers in the area?

Boron
Old 28-08-2008, 04:11 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

stag wrote:
snip
I have what I think is a Satsuma tree (fruited about 3 yrs ago but
nothing since), and brownish blobs have appeared on the leafs.
Admittedly, I noticed them last yr but they were few and far between.
This time however, there are much more particular towards the base of
the tree.

Here is a picture which better helps

http://tinyurl.com/6r48hg

Hi,
It may not be a problem, it could be a beneficial fungus shown he
http://edis.ifas.ufl.edu/images/1574893597 and described he
http://edis.ifas.ufl.edu/HS122, go to fig 17.

HTH -_- how

--
no NEWS is good
Old 28-08-2008, 05:56 PM
Registered User

Thx for your replies guys. I have none of those trees nearby nor do the suggested causes look to be what has occurred. I should add, the picture doesnt really show well, but marks are actually raised almost like you can scrape em off with a finger. I also notice a fair few ants wondering around...

Any other ideas?