GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   What type of Apple Tree is this? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/edible-gardening/178520-what-type-apple-tree.html)

saltlick 11-09-2008 01:39 AM

What type of Apple Tree is this?

Hello,

Does anyone know what the name of this apple tree is? I grew it from a seed:

http://i517.photobucket.com/albums/u...r/DSC02653.jpg

http://i517.photobucket.com/albums/u...r/DSC02656.jpg

http://i517.photobucket.com/albums/u...r/DSC02655.jpg

http://i517.photobucket.com/albums/u...r/DSC02654.jpg

jellybean stonerfish 11-09-2008 02:22 AM

On Thu, 11 Sep 2008 01:39:43 +0100, saltlick wrote:

Hello,

Does anyone know what the name of this apple tree is? I grew it from a
seed:

Well, because apple trees are not true to form when grown from seed, I
would suggest if it has a fruit that you like, you call it groovylobster.

sf

Ted Mittelstaedt 12-09-2008 11:21 AM

"saltlick" wrote in message

Hello,

Does anyone know what the name of this apple tree is? I grew it from a
seed:

9 times out of 10 they are called a "spitter"

The one out of 10 times they are christened a new type of apple.

Ted

Steve Peek 12-09-2008 05:17 PM

"Ted Mittelstaedt" wrote in message

"saltlick" wrote in message

Hello,

Does anyone know what the name of this apple tree is? I grew it from a
seed:

9 times out of 10 they are called a "spitter"

The one out of 10 times they are christened a new type of apple.

Ted

I think it's more like one out of 10,000 that's worth a name.
Steve

Hedgeman 14-09-2008 09:43 PM

Mate of mine who works at East Malling research station says you need to add another 0 - more like 1 in 100,000