GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Grass seed (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/edible-gardening/178742-grass-seed.html)

andy[_3_] 21-09-2008 03:50 AM

Grass seed

Anybody try the new advertised miracle grass seed " Patch Perfect "

Omelet[_4_] 21-09-2008 08:53 AM

Grass seed

In article
,
andy wrote:

Anybody try the new advertised miracle grass seed " Patch Perfect "

Nah. I rarely purchase from spammers. ;-) I got too many unsolicited
e-mails from them so I don't trust them.

I'm simply looking at alternatives to lawn.
--
Peace! Om

"If you don't read the newspaper you are uninformed; if you do read the newspaper you are misinformed." --Mark Twain

Dioclese 22-09-2008 10:21 PM

Grass seed

"andy" wrote in message
Anybody try the new advertised miracle grass seed " Patch Perfect "

Seems to be a version of the patchwork fabric used by most highway
construction outfits. Awful expensive per sq. ft. vs sod vs. seed.
--
Dave

Marie Dodge[_3_] 23-09-2008 05:28 AM

Grass seed

"andy" wrote in message
Anybody try the new advertised miracle grass seed " Patch Perfect "

Is it edible or are you on the wrong NG?

Special Agent Melvin Purvis 23-09-2008 07:19 AM

Grass seed

On Sep 22, 9:28�pm, "Marie Dodge" wrote:

Is it edible or are you on the wrong NG?

Perhaps he's a ruminant.

Omelet[_4_] 23-09-2008 03:22 PM

Grass seed

In article
,
Special Agent Melvin Purvis wrote:

On Sep 22, 9:28?pm, "Marie Dodge" wrote:

Is it edible or are you on the wrong NG?

Perhaps he's a ruminant.

That would explain the bull...

thurkun 24-09-2008 01:00 AM

Grass seed

There was a song in the '70's " Shoes are to keep the Dogshit off
your Feet", grass is to keep the mud outa' your house and to keep your
cats or dogs rolling in the dirt that's left bare. One might be like the
British series "Good Neighbors" and plant 100% of their lawn, but most
of us don't do that. I don't water the lawn, only the edibles, but try
to keep some cover ( grass, clover, whatever) to keep down the dust. My
cats do eat the grass, bunnies eat the clover and the earthworms like
cooler soil because of the groundcover. As for the specific product, it
seems real expensive for the quantity you get, go for cheaper grass more
suited to your climate and you won't have to water to maintain it.
Pat

Omelet wrote:

In article
,