GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Tomato blight (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/edible-gardening/179586-tomato-blight.html)

Alex Saward 02-11-2008 04:51 PM

Tomato blight

My tomatoes were ruined by blight this year, they were grown in ring culture collars, I have destroyed the plants but can I reuse the compost, ie put it in my compost bin?
xander

[email protected] 11-11-2008 04:19 PM

Tomato blight

On Sun, 2 Nov 2008 16:51:39 +0000, Alex Saward
wrote:

:
:My tomatoes were ruined by blight this year, they were grown in ring
:culture collars, I have destroyed the plants but can I reuse the
:compost, ie put it in my compost bin?
:xander
Are you talking about fungus? I wouldn't be concerned. My tomatoes have
done better than ever this year resisting fungus. Reason: I stopped all
overhead watering. I kept the plants as dry as possible, only watering
from down low. As a result I still have very excellent tomatoes hanging.
Gonna have a warm week coming up, but have little hope for more after
this week.

Dan