Old 18-11-2008, 06:14 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Default First Catalog

I just go my first seed catalog of the season today. It is from
Pinetree Seeds. Looking forward to seeing what they have.
--
Susan N.

Old 18-11-2008, 07:15 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

"The Cook" wrote in message
I just go my first seed catalog of the season today. It is from
Pinetree Seeds. Looking forward to seeing what they have.
--
Susan N.

Wow, I used to think they were early if they came before Christmas.
Steve (looking forward to his catalogs)

Old 19-11-2008, 08:49 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Hi All,
"The Cook" wrote in message
I just go my first seed catalog of the season today. It is from
Pinetree Seeds. Looking forward to seeing what they have.
--
Susan N.

A couple of seed catalog`s have arrived, but I have not yet had a chance to
look at them yet.

Richard M. Watkin.

Old 19-11-2008, 08:58 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

In article ,
"R M Watkin" wrote:

Hi All,
"The Cook" wrote in message
I just go my first seed catalog of the season today. It is from
Pinetree Seeds. Looking forward to seeing what they have.
--
Susan N.

A couple of seed catalog`s have arrived, but I have not yet had a chance to
look at them yet.

Put them in the bathroom. :-)
--
Peace! Om

"Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them." -- Dalai Lama
Old 23-11-2008, 02:25 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

The prices in Pinetree are ridiculous.. low. Any opinions
customer service and quality? I see where some (Diva cuke) are pkts
of 20 seeds, but these prices make me wonder where my head was at the
past few seasons.

I can afford to try new stuff again!

Old 23-11-2008, 02:32 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

gonzo wrote:
The prices in Pinetree are ridiculous.. low. Any opinions
customer service and quality? I see where some (Diva cuke) are pkts
of 20 seeds, but these prices make me wonder where my head was at the
past few seasons.

I can afford to try new stuff again!

I've ordered from Pinetree and will again - I'm already starting to mark
the catalog.....

Kate - parsley is still going strong
Old 24-11-2008, 03:22 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

"gonzo" wrote in message
The prices in Pinetree are ridiculous.. low. Any opinions
customer service and quality? I see where some (Diva cuke) are pkts
of 20 seeds, but these prices make me wonder where my head was at the
past few seasons.

I can afford to try new stuff again!

My dad said the same thing. I have never had a problem with them. I ordered
a lot of beans from them last year.

Old 24-11-2008, 03:35 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

On Tue, 18 Nov 2008 14:15:05 -0500, "Steve Peek"
wrote:

Wow, I used to think they were early if they came before Christmas.
Steve (looking forward to his catalogs)

Christmas! I usually have most of my seeds ordered by then.

Penelope

- "pointed"
Old 24-11-2008, 11:17 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

gonzo said:

The prices in Pinetree are ridiculous.. low. Any opinions
customer service and quality? I see where some (Diva cuke) are pkts
of 20 seeds, but these prices make me wonder where my head was at the
past few seasons.

I can afford to try new stuff again!

Good quality seed. Friendly customer service. Number of seeds in a
packet can be less than some other seed companies, but often enough
for two or three seasons. And the prices are certainly low enough to
allow for experimentation.

Their live plants have been good, too. As have the potatoes.

--
Pat in Plymouth MI

After enlightenment, the laundry.

email valid but not regularly monitored

for better results:
change user name to 'kiewicz'
change domain name to 'comcast.net'

Old 25-11-2008, 07:40 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Pat Kiewicz wrote:
gonzo said:

The prices in Pinetree are ridiculous.. low. Any opinions
customer service and quality? I see where some (Diva cuke) are pkts
of 20 seeds, but these prices make me wonder where my head was at the
past few seasons.

I can afford to try new stuff again!

Good quality seed. Friendly customer service. Number of seeds in a
packet can be less than some other seed companies, but often enough
for two or three seasons. And the prices are certainly low enough to
allow for experimentation.

Their live plants have been good, too. As have the potatoes.

I too have ordered vegetable seeds for several years from Pine Tree
and generally have had good luck with them. Their non-hybrid or
Heritage seeds can be gathered from bearing fruit for replanting
the following season. Just put in an order for 20 bucks of seeds,
but that was for over fifteen packets averaging a bit over one
dollar each.

Sherwin

Old 02-12-2008, 12:21 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Their packets and prices seem to be more geared to the home gardener,
which is probably why I've used them every year for the past several
years and will probably continue to do so for quite a while. They
aren't my exclusive supplier, but they regularly get my business. I
also buy my seed potatoes and other bulbs/tubers from them since they
don't have a surcharge for them like so many others do.

Old 02-12-2008, 05:40 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

The prices in Pinetree are ridiculous.. low. *Any opinions
customer service and quality? *

I love Pinetree. Seeds, service and prices are all good.

Namaste,
Woofs

Click here every day to feed a rescued animal:
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/

Old 20-12-2008, 11:24 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Received Fedco and Totally Tomatoes so far. Ordered from Fedco (and Moose
Tubers for onion sets, shallots and potatos) and choosing from the Totally
Tomatoes.

JonquilJan

Learn something new every day
As long as you are learning, you are living
When you stop learning, you start dying

Old 21-12-2008, 02:09 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

JonquilJan wrote:
Received Fedco and Totally Tomatoes so far. Ordered from Fedco (and Moose
Tubers for onion sets, shallots and potatos) and choosing from the Totally
Tomatoes.

JonquilJan

Learn something new every day
As long as you are learning, you are living
When you stop learning, you start dying

I've received my Totally Tomatoes order already. Haven't placed an
order with Pinetree yet.

Bob