Old 22-02-2003, 08:15 PM
Jim Carter

Default FYI - hydroponics growers

I live in a small town and noticed in our weekly newspaper that local police had
busted a group for growing marijuana hydroponically and seized their equipment.
I spoke to someone at the police department and asked what happens to this
equipment, assuming the persons are convicted.

I was told that the police department has an annual auction of all seized
merchandise. I was further told that the stuff goes for a fraction of its
retail value. Everything sold "as is".

FYI if anyone is interested.
From: watchman )
[Now ]
Newsgroups: alt.support.thyroid
Date: 2002-01-12 15:56:30 PST
"Look lady .. if you don't know what you are talking about 'medically' ..
then stay out of it .. The man has had three miscarriages/spontaneous
abortions."
Old 23-02-2003, 09:15 PM
Jeffrey Barker

Jim Carter wrote in message . ..
I live in a small town and noticed in our weekly newspaper that local police had
busted a group for growing marijuana hydroponically and seized their equipment.
I spoke to someone at the police department and asked what happens to this
equipment, assuming the persons are convicted.

I was told that the police department has an annual auction of all seized
merchandise. I was further told that the stuff goes for a fraction of its
retail value. Everything sold "as is".

FYI if anyone is interested.

Actually, a friend and I were discussing that exact thing yesterday.
I knew about the auctions, but we debated on whether or not the police
would sell hydroponic kits and lighting systems, since a lot of people
do use them to grow marijuana. Good to know!!