Old 02-01-2009, 03:24 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Default Storing and cooking Sunchokes

Last spring I planted one pound of Sunchokes. I expected to get at
most ten pounds but when I harvested them today, I got about 31.6
pounds.

What is the best way for me to store them? I live in Los Angeles so
the ground never freezes. Right now it gets up to about 68 degrees
F in the daytime and around 40 degrees at night but it will start
getting warmer soon. I have places in my yard that get no direct
sunlight this time of the year.

What are some good ways to cook them, preferably in the microwave?
Thank you in advance for all replies.
--
Whenever I hear or think of the song "Great green gobs of greasy
grimey gopher guts" I imagine my cat saying; "That sounds REALLY,
Old 02-01-2009, 04:40 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

In article ,
Daniel Prince wrote:

Last spring I planted one pound of Sunchokes. I expected to get at
most ten pounds but when I harvested them today, I got about 31.6
pounds.

What is the best way for me to store them? I live in Los Angeles so
the ground never freezes. Right now it gets up to about 68 degrees
F in the daytime and around 40 degrees at night but it will start
getting warmer soon. I have places in my yard that get no direct
sunlight this time of the year.

What are some good ways to cook them, preferably in the microwave?
Thank you in advance for all replies.
--
Whenever I hear or think of the song "Great green gobs of greasy
grimey gopher guts" I imagine my cat saying; "That sounds REALLY,
REALLY good. I'll have some of that!"

Treat them like potatoes, but go easy on eating them.
They give many people the runs if you overdose.
--
Peace! Om

"Love and compassion are necessities, not luxuries. Without them humanity cannot survive." -- Dalai Lama

Cooking and eating moles??? Gene Stonerly Edible Gardening 13 05-03-2008 12:54 AM
Where to find sunchokes? tenplay Gardening 5 08-07-2006 11:26 PM
Sunchokes glenon Gardening 9 31-05-2006 06:54 PM
try cooking the spring's old car and Georgina will learn you Sam D. Bonitz United Kingdom 0 23-07-2005 10:38 AM