Old 02-01-2009, 09:15 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Default vegetable gardening

very informative site with many charts graphs illistrations on growing
vegetables

http://www.blogdivvy.com/growing-vegetables
Old 03-01-2009, 05:32 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

In article
,
supersqr wrote:

very informative site with many charts graphs illistrations on growing
vegetables

http://www.blogdivvy.com/growing-vegetables

illistrations?

Would you say that this represents your usual competence?

Billy
Republican and Democratic "Leadership" Behind Bars
Old 04-01-2009, 06:00 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

"Ian Anderson" wrote in message

It doesn't hurt to be a bit more tolerant. The other person was posting
from an overseas ISP adsl-072-156-081-082.sip.asm.bellsouth.net where
"English" is most likely to be a second language.

LOL. If you wish to use English then you should have written "more likely
to be a second language". Using "most likely" is an indication that you are
using a form of patois rather than English.

Old 04-01-2009, 06:24 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

In article ,
Ian Anderson wrote:

On Fri, 02 Jan 2009 21:32:04 -0800, Billy wrote
the following:

In article
,
supersqr wrote:

very informative site with many charts graphs illistrations on growing
vegetables

http://www.blogdivvy.com/growing-vegetables

illistrations?

Would you say that this represents your usual competence?

Some Australians can be a bit tough.

It doesn't hurt to be a bit more tolerant. The other person was posting
from an overseas ISP adsl-072-156-081-082.sip.asm.bellsouth.net where
"English" is most likely to be a second language.

Cajun maybe? Anyway 660 Trout Street N., MARIETTA, GEORGIA, UNITED
STATES looks like a residence. Maybe a quarter acre lot but it looks a
little small. So, as I say, does this represents your usual competence?

People can get paid for advertising, if enough people visit their site.
I'm all for a "free market", if it is properly REGULATED, but it
irritates me to be played for a sucker by a jerk. If the "liferush" dud,
wants to hangout in the group, I think that's fine. If he
has anything to contribute and gain our confidence, great. But a
"y'all come" isn't sufficient for me to waste my time to make him look
good. If there is any question that I can't look up through Google, then
someone in this group will know the answer, or answers. We didn't end up
here because we fell off the turnip truck. We are gardeners. Capisca?

In any event, for me, spammers are like dogs using JoeSpareBedroom's
lawn as a toilet: a target ;O)

G'day

Old 07-01-2009, 05:25 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

I guess I am missing something.

I checked out the web page and it looked good enough for me to save
for next spring.
Haven’t looked at every page, but seen that it had value to me
regarding any new plants that I haven’t planted before.

What is the problem?
Just because they use illustration instead of photograph?
Not everyone here is a seasoned gardener, you know.

Old 08-01-2009, 05:22 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

On Wed, 07 Jan 2009 09:25:36 -0800, CanopyCo wrote:

I guess I am missing something.

I checked out the web page and it looked good enough for me to save for
next spring.
Haven’t looked at every page, but seen that it had value to me regarding
any new plants that I haven’t planted before.

What is the problem?
Just because they use illustration instead of photograph? Not everyone
here is a seasoned gardener, you know.

The problem is Billy snapped, because the original post had the word
"illustration" spelled as "illistrations"

That may have been a spelling error, but I don't think it was. I think
the op was spelling it wrong on purpose. I have noticed these type of
posts in the past in many groups. A short post about a site, and the
post is usually written with spelling or grammar errors. Yet the
spelling and grammar on the site, is ok. I think they do this so the
poster would look like an average person, not the website creator.

sf
Old 08-01-2009, 05:31 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

On Thu, 08 Jan 2009 17:22:40 +0000, jellybean stonerfish wrote:

[...]

I take it back. I went to the site, and notice that it has spelling
errors also. So maybe the poster is the creator of the site. The site
seems fine, and has useful information, I am sure the spelling errors
will be corrected in time. If not then just read past them. The word
"tey" instead of "they" in a sentence is not hard to read. I missed it
the first time, and in my mind saw it as "they". The site is much more
helpful and informative than the garden site billy offers. And the adds
on the site are such small little text links that you can hardly be
bothered by them.

sf