Old 11-01-2009, 07:29 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Default spinach

In the south we plant spinach in the fall and grows all winter.too hot
in summer. well i have trouble getting seeds to sprout. tried covering
them with irt and not covering seeds. this year the most ever came up
and that was 8 plants i am pampering them, so some one know a method of
seeding to make more come up?.i do not want to start in pots. want to
plant direct in ground

Old 11-01-2009, 11:14 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Heidi H wrote:
In the south we plant spinach in the fall and grows all winter.too
hot in summer. well i have trouble getting seeds to sprout. tried
covering them with irt and not covering seeds. this year the most
ever came up and that was 8 plants i am pampering them, so some one
know a method of seeding to make more come up?.i do not want to start
in pots. want to plant direct in ground

What do mean by "spinach"? I know 4 or 5 species called that.

What is your climate like? This is an international forum, you need to give
people some help with such details.

Why do you not want to start them in seed trays?

David

Old 13-01-2009, 12:36 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

well the seed packages i buy says spinach i know of no other type, i
live in USA zone 8 in georgia and we have really hot summers this is why
i plant fall

How does spinach grow, pls? Request for some info re spinach. fitwell Edible Gardening 11 03-06-2004 03:11 AM
Spinach spikes will United Kingdom 14 05-06-2003 09:19 AM
Unbelievable Spinach! clc Edible Gardening 4 15-04-2003 07:56 PM
spinach again Larry Blanchard Edible Gardening 12 28-03-2003 03:20 PM
Newbie Q: Baby spinach Irving Kimura Edible Gardening 4 04-02-2003 02:43 AM