Old 21-01-2009, 05:32 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Default Strawberry Plant

If you are thinking about planting strawberry plants this spring, you
will need to purchase bare root plants. When using bare roots you will
have to put off picking strawberries the first summer as the root
system is not fully established and will hurt your plants.

You could wait until fall to plant your strawberries. Using this
method will save a lot of time picking off the blooms this summer and
still will allow you to pick strawberries next year.

Here is a source for both the strawberry plant in bare root and also
potted fall plants. http://www.gardenharvestsupply.com/c...harvest-supply

I will be glad to answer any questions you may have about the
strawberry plant.
Old 23-01-2009, 05:05 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Cut the stringers and you will get bigger strawberries.

Old 22-03-2009, 03:20 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

I have been lurking here picking up all sorts of useful information. My son
ordered me a "strawberry tree" . Hasn't come yet but, does anyone know
about this "tree" or is it a waste of his money.

Old 22-03-2009, 03:33 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

"Granby" wrote:

I have been lurking here picking up all sorts of useful information. My son
ordered me a "strawberry tree"

Wikipedia is your friend. Hope you live somewhere warm.
Disturbingly, Google came up with a sponsored link from a nursery in
Georgia with a known terrible reputation.

Old 25-03-2009, 11:48 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

"Granby" wrote in message
I have been lurking here picking up all sorts of useful information. My
son ordered me a "strawberry tree" . Hasn't come yet but, does anyone know
about this "tree" or is it a waste of his money.

By that do you mean Arbutus Unedo, aka Irish Strawberry Tree? Lovely trees,
especially when they get old.