GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Broad beans peeping through (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/edible-gardening/181080-broad-beans-peeping-through.html)

Part_No 04-02-2009 01:46 PM

Broad beans peeping through

I sowed 50 broad beans a couple of days after christmas and have
been looking out for signs of growth every day, and to my amazement
after the snow melted (yesterday) what do I see?
A very close inspection reveals 14 very very young plants, as if
someone fired a starting pistol, cos today another 7 are poking out.

I had almost given up!

As a novice gardener this is wwwwooooooooow

Part_No

Omelet[_4_] 04-02-2009 02:46 PM

Broad beans peeping through

In article ,
"Part_No" wrote:

I sowed 50 broad beans a couple of days after christmas and have
been looking out for signs of growth every day, and to my amazement
after the snow melted (yesterday) what do I see?
A very close inspection reveals 14 very very young plants, as if
someone fired a starting pistol, cos today another 7 are poking out.

I had almost given up!

As a novice gardener this is wwwwooooooooow

Part_No

Beans are fun to grow. :-)
--
Peace! Om

"If the enemy is in range, so are you."
-Infantry Journal

Nanzi 05-02-2009 05:27 PM

Broad beans peeping through

On Feb 4, 9:46*am, Omelet wrote:
In article ,

*"Part_No" wrote:
I sowed 50 broad beans a couple of days after christmas and have
been looking out for signs of growth every day, and to my amazement
after the snow melted (yesterday) what do I see?
A very close inspection reveals 14 very very young plants, as if
someone fired a starting pistol, cos today another 7 are poking out.

I had almost given up!

As a novice gardener this is wwwwooooooooow

Part_No

Beans are fun to grow. :-)
--
Peace! Om

"If the enemy is in range, so are you."
-Infantry Journal

Where are you located Part No?
Nan in DE

Suzanne D.[_2_] 06-02-2009 06:22 AM

"Part_No" wrote in message
I sowed 50 broad beans a couple of days after christmas and have
been looking out for signs of growth every day, and to my amazement
after the snow melted (yesterday) what do I see?
A very close inspection reveals 14 very very young plants, as if
someone fired a starting pistol, cos today another 7 are poking out.

I had almost given up!

I just love throwing random vegetable seeds in empty beds at the end of the
season and seeing what comes up in the spring!
--S.

Part_No 06-02-2009 10:09 AM

Broad beans peeping through

Nanzi wrote in news:5c2686b7-6a81-415f-a0fb-
:

On Feb 4, 9:46*am, Omelet wrote:
In article ,

*"Part_No" wrote:
I sowed 50 broad beans a couple of days after christmas and have
been looking out for signs of growth every day, and to my amazement
after the snow melted (yesterday) what do I see?
A very close inspection reveals 14 very very young plants, as if
someone fired a starting pistol, cos today another 7 are poking out.

I had almost given up!

As a novice gardener this is wwwwooooooooow

Part_No

Beans are fun to grow. :-)
--
Peace! Om

"If the enemy is in range, so are you."
-Infantry Journal

Where are you located Part No?
Nan in DE

North Lincs UK, not famous for it's good weather :-(

Part_No