Old 09-03-2009, 12:49 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Default Things are starting to come up

My rhubarb is putting out leaves, the horseradish is popping up, and
the garlic I planted the first week in Dec is up 3-4 inches now.

- Mark
Old 09-03-2009, 01:15 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Mark A.Meggs wrote:

My rhubarb is putting out leaves, the horseradish is popping up, and
the garlic I planted the first week in Dec is up 3-4 inches now.

Where ARE you?

Enviously,

Old 09-03-2009, 02:25 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

On Sun, 08 Mar 2009 21:15:36 -0400, Gary Woods
wrote:

Mark A.Meggs wrote:

My rhubarb is putting out leaves, the horseradish is popping up, and
the garlic I planted the first week in Dec is up 3-4 inches now.

Where ARE you?

Enviously,

Southern Indiana - the Ohio valley just across the river from
Louisvile, KY. I'm only a couple of hundred yards from the river and
that helps moderate my microclimate.

- Mark
Old 09-03-2009, 03:14 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

wrote:

Mark A.Meggs wrote:

My rhubarb is putting out leaves, the horseradish is popping up, and
the garlic I planted the first week in Dec is up 3-4 inches now.

Where ARE you?

Enviously,

Meant to say, Gary - MANY years ago, I was WD4GZS.

- Mark

Old 09-03-2009, 03:36 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

wrote:

Mark A.Meggs wrote:

My rhubarb is putting out leaves, the horseradish is popping up, and
the garlic I planted the first week in Dec is up 3-4 inches now.

Where ARE you?

Enviously,

Gary Woods AKA K2AHC- PGP key on request, or at

home.earthlink.net/~garygarlic

Southern Indiana - the Ohio valley just across the river from
Louisvile, KY. I'm only a couple of hundred yards from the river and
that helps moderate my microclimate.

- Mark

Progress here. I can see the tops of the row stakes I left in the garden
last fall. Still a lot of snow to melt. Yes Gary, You are a bit south of
me. Somehow Lake Ontario doesn't help to mederate the temps much - only
provides a lot of lake effect snow. But I am inland about 10 miles.

JonquilJan northern New York.

Learn something new every day
As long as you are learning, you are living
When you stop learning, you start dying

Old 09-03-2009, 02:23 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

"JonquilJan" wrote:

Somehow Lake Ontario doesn't help to mederate the temps much - only
provides a lot of lake effect snow. But I am inland about 10 miles.

That's just about where the snow drops, isn't it? Older daughter is SW of
Rochester. I can't complain to her about snow!
I can't even see the sticks that mark the garlic bed yet, though with a few
(barely) above freezing with rain days, maybe they'll show themselves.

Old 09-03-2009, 04:39 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Gary Woods wrote in message
"JonquilJan" wrote:

Somehow Lake Ontario doesn't help to mederate the temps much - only
provides a lot of lake effect snow. But I am inland about 10 miles.

That's just about where the snow drops, isn't it? Older daughter is SW of
Rochester. I can't complain to her about snow!
I can't even see the sticks that mark the garlic bed yet, though with a

few
(barely) above freezing with rain days, maybe they'll show themselves.

Gary Woods AKA K2AHC- PGP key on request, or at

home.earthlink.net/~garygarlic

I am just about at the center of the eastern end of Lake Ontario - between
the lake and the Tug Hill Plateau. My soil is marvelous. A very rich
slightly sandy loam. somehwat makes up for the short growing season.,

JonquilJan