GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Should I Lock My Shed (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/edible-gardening/182644-re-should-i-lock-my-shed.html)

George.com 15-04-2009 11:11 AM

Should I Lock My Shed

"David in Normandy" wrote in message
Ed wrote:

I like having the shed . It means I can leave all my tools and stuff
there and I can sit inside if there a bit of rain. So, I can then just
cycle up there on my push bike and not need take the car .

Ed (Herts, UK).

In the end it is a gamble. Depending on the amount of theft and vandalism
in your particular allotment. You have to weigh up the value of your
tools, which ones to keep there and the convenience of not carrying them
all the time... and be prepared to buy replacements if they get stolen.

If your tools do get stolen you may be lucky and find identical ones going
cheap on a car boot sale ;-)

one way around that is to buy cheap second hand tools. If they are worn they
may not be so attractive to a chancer and not a huge loss if pinched.

rob