Old 16-04-2009, 02:34 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening,rec.gardens,rec.gardens.edible

Default Should I Lock My Shed

John Morrison wrote:
On Wed, 15 Apr 2009 09:33:37 +1000, "David Hare-Scott"
wrote:

Ed wrote:
Got my new shed now on the allotment and am well pleased with it and
use it to store my tools (spade, fork, hoe, rake, etc.) and all the
other small bits and pieces that are essential for gardening work.

But should I lock the shed door with the key when I leave? Or just
leave it unlocked with the wheelbarrow upturned against it?

What do people here usually do?

When I leave the house to go shopping etc. I always lock the shed.
I have two dogs that probably are a bit of a deterrent but my side
gates are also locked so that the gates can't be simply opened to
allow my dogs to escape and then close the gates again to block
reentry by my dogs.

My reasoning is that someone with only a handkerchief in their pocket
could gain entry to my back yard by climbing the fence and if the
garden shed is already open, they would then have immediate access to
a variety of tools and implements.

I cannot imagine how you will get any benefit from asking this
question here. How on earth would anybody be able to give you a
sensible answer?

There is often an amount of garbage in this newsgroup but I
considered the above to be a reasonable question.

What's next?

Should I invest in shares or property?
Should I join the local library or go to the pub?
Should I scratch my arse in church even if nobody is watching?
Can God see my arse even if nobody else can, does He know that it is
itchy, would He mind if I scratched?

Try alt.delphic.oracle

Thanks David,

In the five lines below "What's next?" you identified yourself.

Before going for the big guns of the ad hominem why not show how my point is
wrong. How could a stranger from anywhere in the world give sensible advice
in this case? Or is it a case of global democracy, the most people who know
nothing about it who vote the same way decide?

David