Old 21-04-2009, 11:35 AM posted to rec.gardens,rec.gardens.edible,alt.home.repair

Default What to do with dead squirrel?

"Dioclese" NONE wrote in message
m...
"Dan Musicant" wrote in message
Last evening I saw it, traumatized by a blow to the head or neck from
the rat trap it had hit in my backyard. The trap was tethered to a tree.
The bugger (or its cousin) has been digging up my newly planted squash
seeds and this is the only way I've been able to control (somewhat) the
problem.

This morning it's surely dead (I saw one, maybe the same one) that was
evidently stunned from hitting the trap a few days ago, looking dead,
but when I turned my back it darted away.

Warm weather is expected the next few days here in Berkeley, CA (~80
degrees) and wonder about putting it in plastic bags (nested) in my
trash container, pickup being Wednesday morning. Call a city agency?
Bury it in my back yard? What would you do?

Dan

Handle with vinyl gloves. Place in plastic bag. Empty contents on top of
the nearest large ant bed. Do not re-use the bag. Ants are the biggest
natural and quick disposal machine for dead varmints around here.

dead birds, animals etc round my place go in to a shallow hole or even under
some thick mulch and help my trees grow. 2 cats I recently buried have a
couple of shrubs growing over them now.

rob

Old 21-04-2009, 02:39 PM posted to rec.gardens,rec.gardens.edible,alt.home.repair

BobR wrote:

Oh, and my wife never ever
never ever goes to the potty without turning on the lights and double
checking under the lid before setting down. Can't figure why she
wanted that small ceremic squirrel to sit on the top of the tank
though.

You gotta get one of these:

http://www.prankplace.com/toiletmons...FQ6jagod7GV3FQ

Your wife will be ever so, um, 'grateful' is not the exact word I'm looking
for...

Old 21-04-2009, 04:16 PM posted to rec.gardens,rec.gardens.edible,alt.home.repair

http://www.prankplace.com/toiletmons...Kr-gZoCFQ6jago....

Your wife will be ever so, um, 'grateful' is not the exact word I'm looking
for...

Hey, my mama didn't raise any fools. I am not about to give that to
her, I value my life too much. Now, should I tell you about the
little green frog that she keeps on the tank as well? There are real
advantages to standing when you pee!
Old 21-04-2009, 04:51 PM posted to rec.gardens,rec.gardens.edible,alt.home.repair

On Apr 21, 7:39*am, "HeyBub" wrote:
BobR wrote:

*Oh, and my wife never ever
never ever goes to the potty without turning on the lights and double
checking under the lid before setting down. *Can't figure why she
wanted that small ceremic squirrel to sit on the top of the tank
though.

You gotta get one of these:

http://www.prankplace.com/toiletmons...Kr-gZoCFQ6jago....

Your wife will be ever so, um, 'grateful' is not the exact word I'm looking
for...

Another fun one is to put a ruler in the water with one end under the
front of the seat.
When someone sets down the ruler pops up and splashes at them.

Don’t ask me how I know.

;-)

Old 21-04-2009, 04:58 PM posted to rec.gardens,rec.gardens.edible,alt.home.repair

On Apr 21, 9:16*am, BobR wrote:
On Apr 21, 7:39*am, "HeyBub" wrote:

BobR wrote:

*Oh, and my wife never ever
never ever goes to the potty without turning on the lights and double
checking under the lid before setting down. *Can't figure why she
wanted that small ceremic squirrel to sit on the top of the tank
though.

You gotta get one of these:

http://www.prankplace.com/toiletmons...Kr-gZoCFQ6jago....

Your wife will be ever so, um, 'grateful' is not the exact word I'm looking
for...

Hey, my mama didn't raise any fools. *I am not about to give that to
her, I value my life too much. * *Now, should I tell you about the
little green frog that she keeps on the tank as well? *There are real
advantages to standing when you pee!

They are a totem to protect the person owning them from invasion from
the animal that it represents.
;-)

Try replacing the frog with a plastic frog and tie it to the seat so
that when she sets down it jumps at her from behind.

I have one that I got from the garden store that is rubber and is
about the size of a big bull frog.

People are starting to get used to seeing it jump out at them around
here.
I think I need a plastic snake.
;-)

Old 21-04-2009, 05:13 PM posted to rec.gardens,rec.gardens.edible,alt.home.repair

On Apr 21, 9:51*am, CanopyCo wrote:
On Apr 21, 7:39*am, "HeyBub" wrote:

BobR wrote:

*Oh, and my wife never ever
never ever goes to the potty without turning on the lights and double
checking under the lid before setting down. *Can't figure why she
wanted that small ceremic squirrel to sit on the top of the tank
though.

You gotta get one of these:

http://www.prankplace.com/toiletmons...Kr-gZoCFQ6jago....

Your wife will be ever so, um, 'grateful' is not the exact word I'm looking
for...

Another fun one is to put a ruler in the water with one end under the
front of the seat.
When someone sets down the ruler pops up and splashes at them.

Don’t ask me how I know.

;-)

You either don't do this at home or have a serious death wish.
Old 21-04-2009, 05:22 PM posted to rec.gardens,rec.gardens.edible,alt.home.repair

Freeze the squirrel in dry ice it and send it to Tibet where it will
will be feed to large vultures.

Very good Karma.

Bill

--
Garden in shade zone 5 S Jersey USA

Not all who wander are lost.
- J.R.R. Tolkien (1892-1973)

Old 21-04-2009, 05:24 PM posted to rec.gardens,rec.gardens.edible,alt.home.repair

On Apr 21, 9:58*am, CanopyCo wrote:
On Apr 21, 9:16*am, BobR wrote:

On Apr 21, 7:39*am, "HeyBub" wrote:

BobR wrote:

[...]

I don't need to do that because that is almost exactly what happened.
We lived in a neighborhood that was cut out of dense forest and tree
frogs were very plentiful. They would show up all over the place.
One night my wife got up in the middle of the night to go to the
bathroom. There was a small night light in the bathroom so she didn't
turn on the overhead light and sit down on the toilet. A few seconds
later, she woke the entire house with a ear piercing scream. A small
tree frog had come through the sewer line and hidden under the rim of
the toilet. When she sit down and started her thing, it apparently
decided to jump and landed on her bottom. The VERY NEXT MORNING I had
to skip work and get some wire screens to put over the sewer vents.
About a week later, the little plastic frog showed up on the back of
the tank. At least she does have a sense of humor about the event.

I have one that I got from the garden store that is rubber and is
about the size of a big bull frog.

People are starting to get used to seeing it jump out at them around
here.
I think I need a plastic snake.
;-)-

I don't know where your "around here" is but it sure isn't around my
wife or you might not be alive too long. BG
Old 22-04-2009, 12:03 AM posted to rec.gardens,rec.gardens.edible,alt.home.repair

BobR wrote:
(snip)
[...]

Ugh- talking about tree frogs brings up a gross memory, but at least it
was outside my domicile. Lived in apartments awhile back, and had an old
beater minivan I used as a hauling vehicle. Went out to start it up one
day, after not having used it in awhile. There was a dead tree frog,
baked onto the drivers door near the mirror. As best as I can figure,
the poor thing jumped up on there to enjoy the sunshine, and had gotten
stuck because the metal was so hot it immediately cooked his skin right
to it. It was hard to clean off, holding one hand over my mouth to avoid
gagging. (Yes, I am pretty squeamish about dead stuff. My head knows
better, but my stomach says otherwise.)

--
aem sends...
Old 22-04-2009, 05:04 PM posted to rec.gardens,rec.gardens.edible,alt.home.repair

On Apr 21, 9:16 am, BobR wrote:

On Apr 21, 7:39 am, "HeyBub" wrote:

BobR wrote:

[...]

Just a little something about tree frogs.
I used to keep one in the house as a pet.
They will come into the house by way of the front door next to the
door light.
They hang out there hunting bugs, and sometimes jump into the house to
explore a new hunting ground.
Then when they start drying out, they go to the best water source that
they can find.
The toilet, due to it’s large pool size and the fact that it is not
used as much as the sink and is not visible from where the people hang
out.

Thus, the screen may not solve the problem.

;-)

I have one that I got from the garden store that is rubber and is
about the size of a big bull frog.

People are starting to get used to seeing it jump out at them around
here.
I think I need a plastic snake.
;-)-

I don't know where your "around here" is but it sure isn't around my
wife or you might not be alive too long. BG- Hide quoted text -

I live alone, in Tulsa Oklahoma area.
Can’t imagine why.
;-)

Old 22-04-2009, 07:56 PM posted to rec.gardens,rec.gardens.edible,alt.home.repair

On Apr 21, 9:16 am, BobR wrote:

On Apr 21, 7:39 am, "HeyBub" wrote:

BobR wrote:

[...]

SHHHHHHH, don't you ever tell my wife that.

I don't know how my wife does it but she finds every little critter
that manages to get into the house. Not only does she spot every tree
frong but those little lizards that manage to slip in are in great
danger from her. Where we live now there are no tree frogs but the
small almost clear baby lizards get in all the time and she finds
every last one of them. She finds and I have to remove because she
won't touch them...even the little baby ones.

;-)

I have one that I got from the garden store that is rubber and is
about the size of a big bull frog.

People are starting to get used to seeing it jump out at them around
here.
I think I need a plastic snake.
;-)-

I don't know where your "around here" is but it sure isn't around my
wife or you might not be alive too long. *BG- Hide quoted text -

I live alone, in Tulsa Oklahoma area.
Can’t imagine why.
;-)-

I can't imagine why either. What's with these women that can't take a
joke?
Old 22-04-2009, 08:30 PM posted to rec.gardens,rec.gardens.edible,alt.home.repair

On Apr 21, 9:16 am, BobR wrote:

On Apr 21, 7:39 am, "HeyBub" wrote:

BobR wrote:

[...]

---

you need a cat. she'd never see them again.

Old 30-04-2009, 08:34 PM posted to rec.gardens,rec.gardens.edible,alt.home.repair

:
: Bury it in my back yard? What would you do?
:
:Bury it. Why would you consider doing anything else? It's free nutrients.

After reading scores of posts I decided this is the best idea. However,
before that ever happened I put the frozen corpse in the trash. Next
time.

Dan

PS It could have gone under one of my plum trees.

Email: dmusicant at pacbell dot net
Old 01-05-2009, 03:06 PM posted to rec.gardens,rec.gardens.edible,alt.home.repair

On Apr 19, 10:54*am, Frank wrote:
wrote:
Last evening I saw it, traumatized by a blow to the head or neck from
the rat trap it had hit in my backyard. The trap was tethered to a tree..
The bugger (or its cousin) has been digging up my newly planted squash
seeds and this is the only way I've been able to control (somewhat) the
problem.

This morning it's surely dead (I saw one, maybe the same one) that was
evidently stunned from hitting the trap a few days ago, looking dead,
but when I turned my back it darted away.

Warm weather is expected the next few days here in Berkeley, CA (~80
degrees) and wonder about putting it in plastic bags (nested) in my
trash container, pickup being Wednesday morning. Call a city agency?
Bury it in my back yard? What would you do?

Dan

Plastic bag in trash or bury it. *Worst thing you can do is let it sit
out where flies will get at it, lay eggs and maggots will cause a stink.
My lot is big enough that I just throw in brush and let foxes or crows
eat it but there is always smell potential.- Hide quoted text -

What? That's what I do, and I fish with the maggots.